Sunday, October 1, 2017

My First Blog About My Life (10-1-17)

Well... Hello. My name is Bryce. I am currently 18 years old and living my life and learning a lot. I say living because what else can we do besides live our lives and learn from our experiences. I like to think that we all live in harmony, and we go about our days just drifting into the sunset, but sadly that is just a thought. I know that this world doesn't particularly care about me, or you. This could be a sad thought, but something that we can take from this is to focus on ourselves and the ones we care about. 


This is a great example for me because I have already decided to dedicate my life to everyone else besides myself. I don't like the thought of myself being selfish and lazy while there are people out there that need help. Some more information about myself is that I work in a nursing home, a library, and a kitchen. As you can see I like to keep myself busy. I first got my job at the library while I was a junior in high school. A co-worker at the school (I worked for the Tech Department and went to school) had recommended me to the Librarian uptown, and she said she would love to have someone young that could teach people about computers! 


So I took up the Job, and I have loved it ever since. It makes me keep in touch with my techy side while at the same time I get to do my favorite thing in the world, talk to people. So after I went through my junior year that almost broke me, I took up a job at a camp while at the same time I went into my senior year with the nursing home job. The nursing home job I must admit was quite nerve-wracking! This was a job that I not only dreamed about, but I was also terrified because I had way too many self-esteem issues to take criticism. But, I did it, and here I am, and I'm loving it! 


Now going back to the church camp job, which is during the summer and offseason, I think I initially took this job because I not only wanted to connect with people, but I also wanted a different connection with God. My family wasn't exactly religious and pushed me to believe in something, so I was hoping to learn something that I didn't know. And I did, and it was beautiful. But that can be a discussion for another time.


Ok... so enough about my multiple jobs, I will tell you just some things about me. I have a twin brother and an older brother and sister. I have a very old dog, and I love him to the moon and back. My parents are in my life, but at the same time aren't? I have a boyfriend that I have had for four years. I am a fanatic about learning new information, and I also get furious because I can never remember this new amazing information. I feel as though I have a crazy life, but I know that I am only one person, and I need to stay down on my feet. So that brings me to my other point, I am a person of complete sacrifice. I tend to do anything for anyone. Sometimes I don't know when I should or shouldn't, and then that tends to get me into trouble also, but I take it one step at a time.


I'm here today writing a blog because I remember when I was about 12 and I made my first blog. I don't remember any of my information, so I can't find what I said, but I know that I was in a dark place. Even though I was in a dark place, a found this peace in writing my feelings. Even if no one was reading it, I knew that I had written it and someone someday was going to read it and see what I went through.


With this blog, I want to accomplish one thing. Teach others what I have learned. Encourage, educate, and persuade everyone to see another side to an argument while listening to others. Now, this can be hard because GEZZ I have already taken so much of your time with just an introduction, but I promise I have great thoughts, and great ideas to share. So tune in often and enjoy the weird, awkward, and open conversations that can happen here!

No comments:

Post a Comment